For Apple Podcast Users: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sparrow-podcast/id1452077274?mt=2
For Spotify Podcast Users: https://open.spotify.com/show/4ItB4Ykrse6gEqRsKQqOZS
For Android Podcast Users: simply search for “Sparrow.Podcast”
- The Second EveThe Bible talks about a first Adam and a second Adam, along with the fact that we know there is a first Eve. But what about a second Eve? We look at what the Scripture refers to as the virtuous woman and how that connects to Christ and the crown He wears. Enjoy! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Submission & DefenseSpiritual leadership needs help! God wants to release a powerful ministry in the Church through those that will submit to and defend leadership. We learn about a man named Benaiah, whom God favors and gives MUCH personal victory because he submitted to and defended David. Listen to learn more about the benefits of submission to leadership! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Weakness & FoolishnessAs an extension of last week's conversation, today's episode focuses on the biblical perspective of embracing weakness and foolishness. Christ, the wisdom and power of God, was weak and foolish according to the world's system. Why do believers think it should be any different? It is in weakness that God's strength is made perfect, but what does that really mean? Don't forget to subscribe to the show.
- Me & The Body with Marcues BaptisteMarcues Baptiste, an Evangelist with the United Pentecostal Church International, joins us for an insightful discussion on insecurity in ministry, God's kingdom, and the necessary weakness we must have in the eyes of God. We also discuss how we must have people we trust to help us achieve what God wants us to do for His kingdom. This episode will be a blessing to all! Share it! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Dealing With OffensesJesus said that offenses must come our way! Therefore, we must be equipped with grace and wisdom to navigate these treacherous waters. But we must also consider that offenses reveal much more than what opinion is more valid, but where our love truly resides. Listen for more! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- The Believer's Battle With AbortionA very controversial subject is addressed, but not as you may anticipate. The spirit of this age is trying to lead both the sinner and the saint into committing the same sin, so that darkness affects both the believer and the unbeliever. Listen in on this episode to be equipped to overcome in the believer's battle with abortion. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Filthiness of the Flesh & SpiritIn the Scriptures, we are told to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit. But how can we cleanse our flesh? What's the purpose of having to cleanse both flesh and spirit? What does holiness have to do with all of this? Listen to find out more! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- The Shield of FaithAnother episode on the armor of God, we see that God has equipped us with faith to defend ourselves and each other. We are called to live and walk by faith, not by sight. This ends up producing a lifestyle element called integrity that we can use in spiritual warfare against the adversary. Faith and integrity are very well connected! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- The BreastplateIn the Scripture, we are admonished to put on the whole armor of God and each piece has its purpose. In this episode, we discuss the breastplate, which is only made of righteousness because of two powerful, underlying elements of our relationship with God : Faith & Love. Find out what Paul meant to the Thessalonians & Ephesians when he said this. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Humility & Growth In MinistrySomeone once said, "For every one person that is lifted up in pride, there are ten who are discouraged." Yet, it's interesting to observe that people fear falling into pride as they grow in ministry. In this episode, we look into how we can grow in humility as we grow in God's kingdom and still be mightily effective. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Repentance & The MindMany people measure repentance by how many tears are shed or how sorrowful they feel. But this is not the primary indicator that God has modeled. It's one thing to behave differently and another to think differently. In this episode, we look into how repentance is a work of the mind and how much we truly need this work. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Passion & PersuasionLife is full of persuasion about a million different things and it is possible to be passionate about the wrong thing. In this episode, we look into how we can cultivate a greater sense of passion in our lives and in the lives of others. But, we must learn the power of spiritual persuasion and why we must make a bigger investment than we think. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Pastor or Preacher?Is the person who ministers day after day and week after week to your local church, your pastor or your preacher? One of the spiritual attacks that believers face is in their relationship with their pastor. We must be aware of this because there are significant consequences that can hinder us from further effectiveness. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Grace & FavorIs God's grace really His unmerited favor? Is loving someone the same as liking someone? In this episode, we examine the difference between grace and favor and why God wants to empower us to live in both. Grace is much more than a gift from God! Listen for more! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- The Blessing Of AnonymityEver feel like you weren't noticed? Did you feel frustrated, discouraged, angry, burnt out? Many of us have been there. But be encouraged, there is a blessing in anonymity. Listen to today's episode to find out why and how to uncover it. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- PrayerWhat is prayer? How can I pray more effectively? Prayer is a channel that opens up the spiritual realm and is where we can find empowerment to desire and do the things that we cannot do in our own ability. God wants to empower us to pray more effectively, but there may be some things that hinder us that aren't so obvious. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- The Best Friend & Worst Enemy of GrowthIn the process of growth, we experience something that could either be the best friend or worst enemy in our growth. If we learn to hand it over to God, we can become more than conquerors through Him. If we take it into our own hands, we will only produce more of it. It's called PAIN. Listen to find out more! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Provoked Unto Love & Good WorksWhy should I gather with other believers? What am I supposed to do when I do gather? In this episode, we look into the biblical strategy on what to do when gathering with others to incite a move of the Spirit that will bring glory to God and blessings into our midst. We can miss the mark by being disengaged from spiritual matters with other believers if we are not careful. Listen for more! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Dealing With Accusations & Confidence In Ministry: Part 2Following part 1 of this mini series, we continue looking into Nehemiah's character battles and his enemies: Sanballat, Tobiah, and Geshem. There are some critical details that are very helpful to us when we deal with accusations and confidence in ministry. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Dealing With Accusations & Confidence In Ministry: Part 1In this episode we look into the character challenges that Nehemiah faces as he pursues God's mission. As we grow in ministry, we will face accusation, the voice of envy as a test of character and to see whether or not we will become distracted. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- When God's Revelation Messes With My TheologyIn this episode we discover more of the fact that there are times when God wants to expand our understanding, yet His supreme revelation collides with our limited theology. God wants to take us into a deeper relationship with Him and as we grow in Him, we must be willing to exchange our human limitations for His divinity. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Love, Fear & VulnerabilityIn this episode we dive into the subject of love and it's opposing force, fear. We also look into how important it is to utilize our vulnerabilities to our advantage in God and our relationships with others. Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Humbled or Humiliated?In this episode we dive into the difference between walking in humility or in humiliation. In a sincere effort to be humble, we sometimes humiliate ourselves or let our circumstances humiliate us. Listen to find out more about the difference! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Anointed or Talented?In this episode, we look into the difference between what it means to be anointed or talented. We need to know the distinction between the two, for our own motives and for our discernment. Listen to find out more! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!
- Welcome to Sparrow.Podcast with Hector RoblesIn this inaugural episode, Hector Robles discusses the inspiration for Sparrow.Podcast. He also addresses the social media handle, Sparrow.Pocket on Instagram and Facebook and shares some of his story about how his dream of serving others has unfolded. His testimony may inspire you to pursue your dream as well! Don't forget to subscribe to the show!